meta data for this page
The CoreELEC User Forums are a great place to ask for help when running into problems with your CoreELEC installation. Opening a Support thread is a great way to solve an issue and a place where everyone in the community can contribute and learn.
In order for our volunteers to assist you better, there are a few things you can do prior to reaching out for help in the User Support Forums.
This document lists many options to cover as many scenarios as possible. Please read through them all and try those that apply to your particular scenario.
Prior to posting an error
Install CoreELEC onto, and boot from, external media such as a USB Flash Drive or (μ)SD Card for troubleshooting purposes.
- When possible, start with making a full backup to an external medium
- Ensure Android 7.1 (Nougat) or greater is installed on generic devices
- Use the Kodi default skin (Estuary)
- Power the device off and
- Unplug from the power source
- leave unplugged for at least 30 seconds then
- Power the device back on
- Ensure the correct device tree was applied to CoreELEC
- Ensure the correct update file was applied to CoreELEC
- Try a clean install using the correct CoreELEC release and device tree and
- restore addons and settings from backup or
- manually re-install the “offending” addon(s)
- Try a different (class 10) (μ)SD Card / USB Flash Drive and
- Try a new (class 10) (μ)SD Card / USB Flash Drive (if possible)
- Try the latest nightly build
- Consult the corresponding user forum threads for solutions (release & nightly)
- Consult the corresponding CoreELEC Wiki troubleshooting sections.
Opening a Support Request
Our volunteers are unable to help you without your feedback. Collect (and provide) as much information as possible.
- Provide Peripheral Information
- Display type (CRT, LCD, LED,..), make and model
- Amplifier make and model
- Receiver make and model
- Sound System type (TV Speakers, Soundbar, Surround System,..), make and model
- TV Tuner make and model
- Take screenshots (if needed use a cellphone to take a picture)
- Enable player process info
- Provide detailed description(s) of the issue(s) including:
- Addon used
- What is happening
- What should happen instead
- Boot method
- (μ)SD Card
- USB Flash Drive
- Upon request by a CoreELEC Team Member:
- A 30 second sample of the affected audio or video file or (captured) stream