meta data for this page
CoreELEC for Libre
These instructions explain how to install and boot CoreELEC on supported Libre SBC's from µSD Card by use of a Windows PC. The instructions can easily be adapted for other Operating Systems.
- La Frite
- Le Potato
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Memory Card Reader
- A compatible Class 10 (USH 1/V 10) or better μSD Card (LePotato)
- USB Flash Drive (LaFrite)
- Image Writing Software
Image writing software
- Insert the µSD Card or USB Flash Drive
- Power on the device
Once the image is transfered to μSD Card, the device is Ready To Boot (RTB), meaning no Device Tree Blob (DTB) needs to be copied.
Install CoreELEC to eMMC
- ensure the latest firmware is installed
- write the downloaded image to La Frite’s eMMC using the included USB cable
CoreELEC 9.2.8 (Legacy)
- write CoreELEC to a μSD Card
- boot LePotato with the μSD Card inserted
- attach the eMMC module when prompted to
- once CoreELEC is booted:
- SSH into to the device and type:
CoreELEC 19.x (Matrix)
In CoreELEC 19.x the script is currently broken. Following workaround is suggested:
- follow the instructions above and install CoreELEC 9.2.8 (Legacy) to eMMC
- once CoreELEC 9.2.8 is booted from eMMC:
- update to CoreELEC 19.x
For support unrelated to CoreELEC, please refer to the Libre User Support Forums.
The above instructions also can be used to create a bootable USB Flash Drive.