meta data for this page
CoreELEC for Minix
These instructions explain how to install and boot CoreELEC on supported Minix devices from µSD Card by use of a Windows PC. The instructions can easily be adapted for other Operating Systems.
- Minix Neo T5
- Minix Neo U22-XJ
- Minix Neo U22-XJ Max
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Memory Card Reader
- A compatible Class 10 (USH 1/V 10) or better μSD Card.
- Image Writing Software
Image writing software
|Minix Neo T5||2G||g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb||S905X2|
|Minix Neo U22-XJ||4G||g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj.dtb||S922X|
|Minix Neo U22-XJ Max||4G||g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj_max.dtb||S922X|
- Copy the device tree from the device tree folder on the µSD card to the root of the µSD Card
- Rename the device tree dtb to dtb.img
- Insert the µSD Card into the devices µSD slot
- Boot the device using the reset button method
If the reset button method doesn't work:
- Power button Method (this works with some Minix devices):
- insert boot media
- plug in power cord
- hold power button for a minimum of 6 seconds or until the CoreELEC logo appears
Install CoreELEC to eMMc
For situations where it is desirable to run CoreELEC in dual boot with Android or as a stand-alone JeOS:
For support unrelated to CoreELEC, please refer to the Minix Support Forums.
The above instructions also can be used to create a bootable USB Flash Drive.